They say first love never dies, and with facebook, instagram and twitter, it’s never been easier to reconnect with an old flame. But should you give the relationship a second chance or put the past behind you for good? Here are five top signs it might be worth giving your first love another try…
>>Do you like free romance reads? Click here to read the heartfelt, sexy bestseller UNTOUCHED for free!<<
1. You compare new dates to him – and they always come up short. It’s easy to idealize the past, but when you keep comparing new relationships to your ex, it might be a sign you’re not ready to move on just yet. If you find yourself wishing the guy across the table was someone else, maybe you should give the past another chance.
2. They still make you feel like the best version of yourself. First loves are always special because everything’s so new: you feel hopeful about life and love in a way that gets harder once you’re older and have been through the break-up wringer a few more times. If hanging out with your old flame makes you feel that optimism again, it could be a sign they’re the one for you.
3. The break-up was friendly. Some break-ups make it impossible to turn the clock back (think, screaming matches and public meltdowns!), but if you parted on good terms, it shows the kind of respect and love that can easily be rekindled.
4. The reasons you split don’t matter anymore. When you’re young, it’s easy for life to get in the way: maybe you left for college and couldn’t make long-distance work, or had to take a break to focus on your career. Now that you’re older, those reasons simply might not exist. If you’re both in a different phase in your lives, and have new priorities, you could make things work this time around.
5. You’re both still single. Have you held off getting involved with anyone new because you secretly dream about getting back together? If you think you’re secretly sabotaging new relationships, it’s definitely a sign you should get in contact with your ex – either to try again, or figure out you need to move on!
Melody Grace is the New York Times bestselling author of second-chance romance, HEARTBREAKER, available March 28th!